Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Restaurant Finds :Spicy Apricot dijon Barbecue Sauce

My wife many times like simple stuff without sauces. However when I was going to make grilled chicken for myself I wanted to find a sauce to pair with the chicken. I found this one in my computerized collection. It is tangy and like a BBQ sauce . I really like it and rated it 9.6/10. Enjoy.

PS I made the portions just for myself so just adjust accordingly
****

Spicy Apricot dijon Barbecue Sauce
Recipe Feedback:
By Derrick Riches, About.com
See More About:

* barbecue sauce recipes
* fruit based barbecue sauces

This is an excellent barbecue sauce for pork and chicken.
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Ingredients:

* 2 pounds apricots, pitted and halved
* 3 large tomatoes, halved
* 3 cups brown sugar
* 2 cups cider vinegar
* 1/2 cup dry white wine
* 1 onion, chopped finely
* 3 cloves garlic, minced
* 2 tablespoons soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons hot sauce
* 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard

Preparation:
Place all ingredients in a large stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 1/2 to 2 hours. When sauce has reduced, strain through a sieve. Use immediately or store in an airtight container for up to 4 weeks.

No comments: