Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Iron Chef America : Battle Fennel

Tru on Urbanspoon

Fennel is sort of vegetable, condiment and goes with a variety of dishes.I have tried is and it sort of has a liquorice taste and tastes like celery or bok choy. This was really demonstrated in this ICA battle between Batali and the restaurant Tru of Chicago and it's dynamic pair Trumain and Gand. Innovative salads, tuna cruda and more brought about interesting new dishes. This team is highly rated in Chicago and it looked to be close.

However Batali seemed a little more innovative. I picked Batali to win by +5 and he won by +8 beating the duo in taste by +7 and originality by +4. (duo won in plating by +3) .

No comments: