Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, April 23, 2009

Restaurants that throw the food - this one Sushi and steak

Harus Steak Sushi Plate on Urbanspoon We have been to several of these “Asian throwing “ restaurants in the Kansas City area and Lawrence. We try these place if we have a coupon. Many times it is the same show. They cut up your meal, show their skills at twirling their pepper shakers, toss a piece of seafood, beef or etc to the participant in the area (if they so choose) so that it lands in your mouth ( if you are lucky) and then you eat the meal. This is exactly what went on here , nothing less, nothing more. My wife’s chicken was good and my steak was good. I caught my piece of steak and she deferred. The soup and the rest of the meal is fine. Like I said, I don’t come to these places without a coupon. I am still searching for one of these places that really has a different menu/ entrees and “something level above these Asian throwing places. If you have a been to a better one let me know.

No comments: