Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Restaurant TV Finds : Cuvee in New Orleans

Cuvee on Urbanspoon I have been to the New Orleans area several times for some NASA, science activities and conferences. I love the city. I love the ambiance in this city. I love the concept and ideas about cajun cuisine , a medley and integrated flavors of the Cajun and creole cuisine (Spanish, Caribbean, French, and more). While I have eaten at some establishments in New Orleans (Cafe De Monde and others), this one escaped me. . However this restaurant and the Chef did find Food Network's Bobby Flay when he encountered Cuvee’s venerable executive chef during a recent Food Network Iron chef battle “ Battle Langonstine”. This “battle” was difficult to decipher because the judges' commented how Flay’s meals did not work well enough with the mock lobsters while having little to say about the Cuvee’s Chef Bob Iacovone creations except for a few minor points. Usually I am on the right side of the battle and within 1 or 2 points either way of the decision 8 to 9 times out of 10 on the right side. However I judged Flay would LOSE by +2. However he won by going away (+9 a swing of +11 from my total) outpointing the Cuvee chef mostly because taste. It turned out to be a mismatch. Someday when I go back, I might try this place but until that time, at least I know a little more about the style of the meals as created by the chef.

http://www.restaurantcuvee.com/cuvee_rest.html

No comments: