Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, April 5, 2009

If you could jump on a jet, to eat someplace, all expenses paid, where would you go and why?

This is a Culinary Exploration for your mind : If you could jump on a jet, to eat someplace, all expenses paid, where would you go and why? Good question, difficult answer. Where would you go? (send me a note about your place and why you chose it). But before you go read mine.

For me, this place comes to my mind. I would like be to go back to South Africa. to visit this restaurant and possibly later go back to Victoria Falls and its majesty. In 2001, in Cape Town it was the night before we about to leave to go through the wine country and eventually heating north to see Victoria Falls and later a total solar eclipse in Zambia. However before I left , while wondering through the mall for the last , I discovered the amazing South African buffet called Musclecrackers. I immediately started sampling an interesting melange of entrees, appetizers and interesting South African cuisines. There were all sorts of different foods and flavors with curries, fish dishes and much more. It was a totally amazing experience. All I wish is that I had more time to eat more and savour the tastes of this buffet.

Meanwhile here is what Padma Lakshmi, host of Top Chef and cookbook author, Bobby Flay and a few others think. http://dinersjournal.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/01/31/day-dreaming-again-2/

No comments: