Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, April 6, 2009

Restaurant Reviews: Chain Italian restaurant at high prices

Bravo! Cucina Italiana on Urbanspoon We were here once when our friends invited us and chose this place. It is part of chain that has 17 restaurants throughout several states. However this is their first venture into Kansas. Offerings include appetizers,. salads, pizzas, pasta varieties, house specialties (vegetarian, fish, chicken), seafood, steaks and desserts. The ambiance is bustling and its not quite but it's rather pretty inside. While your choices include a wide array of entrees to choose from, you need to prepare to "fork over" extra money for a salad. Most of the entrees are $13 and above. I'm sorry but it really rubs me wrong when a restaurant is so " high and mighty" that their prices can't include a salad. I know that there are lot of people who come here (and to other Italian restaurants of this nature) and don't mind. However for me its a no brainer for not returning except for the slide specials at Monday night. That kind of offering I could stomach again and get a salad.

No comments: