Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, April 6, 2009

Restaurant Review : Jasper's Italian not your standard Italian restaurant

Jasper's on Urbanspoon My wife's monthly dinner and kibbitz group targeted Jasper's. The menu does have some interesting "takes" on Italian fare by adding different sauce, combinations or ingredients. She chose the SCALOPPINE DI VITELLO DON SALVATORE (Medallions of veal with artichoke hearts and mushrooms in garlic scented Chianti wine sauce. She loves artichoke hearts and that's one of the reasons. She brought some home for me to sample and it was "melt in your mouth". The artichokes did " meld" well with the sauce and the tender veal. Someday I am going to try to find a recipe and make it for her. In any case,
most of the meals are around this range $19.95 or higher. This is higher then most Italian restaurants entrees so its not on our short list to go together. Until that eventual time that we might go, I will look for Jasper Mirabile, Jr.'s recipes which are posted at the Hen House restaurants. I've already started sampling more of his recipes by way of his recipes. I will post more when I try them in the future and let you know.

No comments: