Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, February 13, 2009

Variety of recipes for couple: not to shabby


I bought this book in 1998. Somehow it has escaped detection in my massive collection. It has some great recipes, selected from ones that the couple/ authors have enjoyed throughout two decades. Simple to make recipes with easy to find ingredients, these recipes can provide an extra little spark to meals . dinners and perhaps more. The hors d'oevres, main entrees. side dishes and desserts are not in themselves are not that extraordinary. However included in this book, one can find some interesting romantic meals and that's the name of the game. Some of these include a variety of tasty and stimulating recipes that are fun and interesting. Examples are salmon in scallion broth, wasabi marinated strip steaks, spicy greens with garlic and ginger, mixed berry cobbler, acorn squash rings. I haven't tried them yet but I will.

No comments: