Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, February 17, 2009

It's okay steak in Lawrence, KS

Montana Mike's Steakhouse on UrbanspoonI've come here several times to meet friends before listening to the clever Right Behind the Ears comedy troop. Upon recommendation, I was told to try the chicken fried steak which is legend here they say. It came to the table and it was huge. Its taste was like what I had expected and made one time. A flour like coating, fries the outside and keeps the instead beef tender. The big baked potato and sour cream were good with it and a salad. It's not my favorite steak place but with my friends it's fine. It's more of a homestyle place but the place I currently like is steak and plus place like Golden Corral for low cost steak with tapas try what you will on the salad and multi bar. . It can loud, and noisy and it does not have ambience.I don't really like the place but I can't say I hate it

No comments: