Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Pumpkin-Chocolate bread pudding - yummmy

I love bread pudding - all types and kinds. When I opened up the Kansas City Star Food section on 11/23/08, I saw this recipe and knew I had to try to make it. It called for two parts: making the pumpkin-chocolate load first and then the Pumpkin-chocolate bread pudding. I tried to jump the recipe and take some time and actually make the pudding part with cubes of Italian bread. I drizzled the custard like pudding mixture over the bread cubes. It came out great, very chocolate laden and with whip cream even my wife loved it.
I tried to find the recipe to display here but it would not show. I don't have time now to reenter the recipe by hand but if anyone would like to try it, email me and I will put it other and send it you and also display in this section later. (contact me at dreric1kansas@aol.com).
Oh by the way I rated this 9.6/10. Not bad for half a recipe so to speak.

No comments: