Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, January 4, 2009

chicken throwdown: Emeril Lagasse's Lemon-garlic recipe vs Spanish Lemon -garlic

I made this recipe from Emeril Lagasse's listing of recipes. A lot of people said it was awesome in their reviews on the Food Network web recipe area. So I tried it but using chicken wings instead and no pasta. I made a whole batch (probably about 35-40 wings) for a party that I was going to bring appetizers. It was a hit and everyone liked them. For me it was okay and I would rate 8.9/10. This recipe like many people said has a just enough garlic and lemon. To me, it was missing something and I could not" put my finger on it". I just felt it didn't take flavors "to another level". Then I remembered.
I had made a recipe from one of my Spanish cookbooks (Spanish:over 150 mouthwatering step-by-step recipes) by Pepitas Aris. His book (p. 184) Chicken with Lemon and Garlic was somewhat the same recipe but had that "extra kick". It included shallot ( I use red onions instead) and had paprika and parsley which is missing from the Lagasse recipe. I rated this one one 9.7/10 and my wife loved it . She said that this the Lagasse recipe was very good but not as good as this one. So there it is.

No comments: