Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Poca Cosa in Tucson: I've missed you twice

During two summers of 2006 and 2007, I journeyed to Tucson to visit my friends, see the sights, do some monsoon chasing, visit restaurants and photograph and videotape over 10 different types of hummingbirds that can be seen South of Tucson. While I found the hummingbirds, one restaurant remained elusive both times, the famed Poca Cosa in downtown Tucson. Both times I found that they are on vacation during the weeks I came. So I missed the pechuga mole negro ($19), chicken in a sauce of chiles and just a touch of the traditional chocolate; grilled beef with a jalapeño chile and tomatillo sauce ; chicken with a dark mole sauce made with Kahlúa, chocolate, almonds, and chiles. And so I wait for another time when I come back to Tucson again.
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tucson/D31003.html
http://www.tucsonweekly.com/gbase/Chow/Content?oid=oid:42384
When I finally get there I most likely will try the platoPoca Cosa, a trio of dishes chosen by the chef.

But I was able to get an exquisite meal with friends at the J-Bar near Janos featuring
http://www.frommers.com/destinations/tucson/D49787.html
They have innovative dishes as in spicy jerked pork with cranberry-habañero chutney or Yucatán-style plantain-crusted chicken with green coconut-milk curry. When I was there I had the plantain-crusted chicken and it was wonderful.

No comments: