Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Zingerman's is amazing: love it!

Zingerman's Delicatessen on Urbanspoon I lived in the Ann Arbor area 1976- 1981. When I recently went back to visit friends, they wanted to go to lunch at this place. I always new about but I am not sure if I ever came here when I lived in the area for 6 years. I must have , I just don't remember. I am glad they chose this place. We went to an outdoor market close by and then headed to this well known place which is known to be a "deli". However Zingerman's much more. It has an award winning James Beard chef, is very rustic looking and always crowded. It has a lot personality. It is a food store and has an amazing variety of groceries and items to buy for your kitchen and more. But there is also breakfast, lunch and dinner. There are sandwiches, entrees, and all types foods to eat and nosh on. I had a chicken sandwich and my friends. The prices are not all that bad considering the price ranges in Ann Arbor. When I come back to visit, Zingerman's is a place I will head to eat something for breakfast, lunch or dinner.

No comments: