Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Vietname Cafe: there are better Vietnamese places

Vietnam Café on Urbanspoon You can't miss this place as it is right on the corner of the street and Rainbow Blvd. It is right next to the Medical Center. We have been here several times but we no longer go here because there are better places for Vietnamese and Asian food. (The one close by, Saigon 39, used to be good years ago but now is pretty bad - see my review).
The menu is decent and the prices are okay. We have tried several Asian dishes and they have not been that great. Their fried tempura like potato and shrimp fries are supposedly the best in the area but frankly I don't think they are anything special at all. My wife does not like the place and I did not think it was that good when we came with some friends a couple of years ago. So it is "not on radar anymore". It might be on your "radar" so try it but there are better ones now cropping up in all parts of the city including Westpor(Sung Son is fabulous), Overland Park and places in the Kansas City area including Lawrence.

No comments: