Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 22, 2008

Round the World Cookbook goes full circle


This 48 page gem is not only for the recipes but for much more. The attractively illustrated recipes have nice step by step instructions involving 22 countries/ sections of the globe.Children will be able to follow the recipes by themselves or can be used as tutorials with their parents helping. Easy to read information "why people eat what they eat?" give youngsters a better understanding about eating in general. The small maps also highlight the geographic nature of the world and so this culinary book is also a geographic lesson. One section highlights Jewish cooking and the historical reminders are interesting (I did not know cheesecake has a biblical connection).The recipes reflect recipes that those of all the countries/ areas and are well done, many that might reflect what you find in other cookbooks or the food channel. The index is well done and fairly specific. Parents will find the attractive nature of the book a good one to give for a gift or for any family or child , to learn further about food, cooking and recipes. If you need a culinary oriented gift or just want to a one of kind cookbook, this is a good one to get now and in the future.

No comments: