Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Good BBQ : looks like Bug Bubba's is gone : too much competitiond?

Big Bubbas Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon
12/23/08 I have eaten here twice and liked the brisket sandwhich and the burnt ends. Meaty lots of smoke. They were always doing a pretty brisk business. I spoke to the owner during the Spring and it seems things were going okay. However today I went over near there and saw that in the front door that they are out of business! wow. There is even a note from one of the workers who did not even know they were skipping town! Wow!

I think the competition was accelerated when the second Oklahoma Joe's, a few miles north in Olathe, came into town near I-35. I liked Bubba's and am sorry to see them go. I like BBQ but it is not my top choice for eating except in the summer when I judge competitions in MO and KS for the KC Barbecue Society competitions.

I am truly am amazed how many restaurants there are in Olathe and all over. I know not all of them stay in business (50% close after a few years I think an article said). We eat out a few times a month, mostly with coupons when we find them or in the coupon booklet. We just can't afford to go out all the time besides I like to find recipes and cook myself all the time and try new and different recipes.

No comments: