Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 22, 2008

All you can eat is is not great here at El Grande Mexican Buffet

El Grande Mexican Buffet on Urbanspoon

I was near this restaurant and decided to take the plunge. Sorry I did. You can load up but there is little taste to what you eat. The food was unremarkable and there was nothing really good or tasty. I tried the menudo (tripe stewed etc) and it was, as I surmised , not to my liking at all (disgusting is the word if you want to be exact). I won't go here again. I am still looking for a good Mexican buffet. The last one that I thought was excellent was the Annie Sante Fe years ago which had a fabulous, tasty and versatile Sunday or lunch buffet. ( I miss that place)

No comments: