Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Panda is a cute animal and this restaurant is quite nice too

Panda Garden on Urbanspoon
Panda is one of my favorite restaurants in Lawrence. It does not have the ordinary Chinese / Asian fare so it is "right up my alley". It does not have the biggest buffets but for me it has one of the tastiest buffets and Asian type fare. It has more authentic dishes on the buffet compared to its sister restaurant on 23rd street to the south. (They are both good). We have been here many times with my wife and children mostly on Sundays for brunch. The food has always been excellent. Their menu is impressively long and the items for the buffet come from entrees that are usually given during regular meals. You won't see Kung Pao chicken usually on the buffet which is great because that means there is more room for less fried stuff. They sometimes change things around but their are always exquisite noodles, dumplings, steamed buns, and other entrees.You can change the regular meals for spiciness so they can be modified to your taste. For the buffet the only thing I might do however is a little soy sauce. The hot and sour soup, I think my favorite hot and sour soup I have ever tasted , is very unusual as it has a little yellow white color instead of the ordinary brownish color and has a very nice too sour like taste with nice aroma finish.The chicken, beef and fish dishes are all excellent. There is sometimes duck on the buffet which is not greasy and succulent. Also one option we have not tried is the Super Seafood buffet on Friday and Saturday nights. I think this a great find. The buffet is one you should check it out.

No comments: