Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Outback has good beef

Outback Steakhouse on Urbanspoon I come from out East originally. Beef here in the Midwest just tastes better for some reason. Went we go to restaurants, it is usually for ethnic, not beef and usually not chains. If it is beef (I like Golden Corral and I did like Fire Mountain before it changed to Ryan's), certainly not a pricey steakhouse. But when we get a coupon, we use it. This was the case to try Outback again for dinner. This chain has been pricey but the meals have been good. I really wanted to try a "Bloomin Onion" appetizer but since I heard the cholesterol and calories are "sky High", I passed on it.I was not going to go for the salads, fish, appetizer. My wife tried the small prime rib. It was succulent and she enjoyed it. I chose the Outback special the 12 oz center cut sirloin which was sensational. My wife liked her steamed veggies while I went for the Caesar salad (which I love). I went for the back potato and she did. The portions were generous and we even had some to take home. I mean this makes "a good thing" last for the next day. And it was still tasty. Like I said we don't go here often but when we do it is good.

No comments: