Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Jerusalem Cafe is one place I like for Middle Eastern eats

Jerusalem Café on UrbanspoonThis place in Westport has a special spot in my heart as it the first place I took my wife for our first date 15 years ago. So there was something about the place when I "scoped it " for our date. The menu offerings are not all that extensive but what is have is very good. I especially like the flaky pastry encased ground lamb in phyllo dough dish. Its a little different and I love lamb anyway but this is a differnt take then regular Middle Eastern (I have never seen it elsewhere). In fact I like it so much I have had it several time. The ambiance is very good since this first time I took her here. Its pretty quiet most of the time even though it can get crowded. The service is good. I wish they would change the menu little more and offer new things once in awhile but I guess they keep going with what works and that is fine. It is nice to come down and just stroll around after the meal.

No comments: