Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 29, 2008

Cracker Barrel- Old Country cooking but its just boring

Cracker Barrel Old Country Store on UrbanspoonI have come to this local one when friends wanted to meet here . Also I went to one in Oklahoma (the other stormchasers wanted to go here - go figure?). Down home cooking , with lots of different entrees etc etc etc with a little personal flare (you buy goods here too). However this chain has country style food with a all sorts of items on the menu. With a wide variety of entrees , sides etc etc (which is why people and others like to come here) there is a lots to choose from like biscuits, casserole, breakfast fare, and many other items for lunch and dinner like pot roast, fried chicken etc. It reminds me of a country Perkins restaurant except this place's food has "flavor". I've tried the chili (okay) and biscuits and gravy but for me, the food is boring. I have a hard time finding something I really want to eat here and basically I don't like to spend a lot of my hard earned cash to eat boring food that I want to forget. It is not my type of place to come and eat unless my friends or my stormchaser buddies talk me into and I don't have any choice. They like what they like- I don't.

No comments: