Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, December 22, 2008

There is the good and the bad at Corona Gardens in Olathe, KS

Corona Garden on Urbanspoon Corona Gardens

This restaurant has been here for several years. I had never seen them doing much of a business especially with Mexican restaurant competition very close by. But I decided to give it a try. I've been here a couple time with my wife and once without her. The buffet is all you can eat which is the good thing. The bad is that most of the food is horribly fried. The best are the real good chicken and beef fajita. This you can all you want and that is what I have focused on. Wrapped in tortillas, you can make a meal of just this entree at a good price. The tacos and the meat are fine but how badly can you ruin tacos (well there was one place over in Missouri that did). I had them at a luncheon for staff at one of the schools and it was not bad fare. The enchiladas and the other dishes are average at best and fried so that you can hardly taste anything. There are other Mexican specialties but they are not really goo . There are sopapillias, condiments and other stuff do not really make the buffet tastier. They are just fillers for your belly. There are several Mexican restaurants nearby that much better and are just as reasonably priced. I will go elsewhere for Mexican next time unless I want all you can eat fajitas.

No comments: