Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, August 31, 2008

It's a jewish food trip around the world and I am still touring.

This Jewish Cooking in America (book )by Joan Nathan (from my hometown of Providence RI) is a handsomely written book which not only has great recipes but is intertwined with the Jewish people, cultures and history. This masterfully written book is one I bought many years ago and the book has everything including very interesting recipes. The recipes come from all over the world and are not just your ordinary set of recipes.

I have tried many and these were some of the best (but they were all good); The chicken, lime and tortilla soup (9.6/10) comes from Mexico ; spinach and cheese kugel (9.4/10) ; cholent (beef barley stew (9.6/10). The index is very nice and I am still searching for more. I will also want try some of the more unusual recipes like spinach rubarb soup Poland, stuffed grape leaves, meat pies , and more.

It's a jewish food trip around the world and I am still touring.

No comments: