Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, June 23, 2008

Turkey- White Bean Salad and Tomatillo-Chipotle Spread

I had turkey burgers that I grilled and then split them up. I then put the salad veggies in a bowl (carrots, beans , lettuce, red onion) . I created the mustard sauce drizzling over turkey and veggies and the chipotle together instead of putting on a bun. I left out the mayo. It came out like an interesting salad with an interesting spicy type vinaigrette with turkey taking it to another level as a spicy salad. Something different.9.1/10

Turkey- White Bean Salad and Tomatillo-Chipotle Spread
Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse
Show: The Essence of Emeril
Episode: Quick Foods--Cusine Rapida
Turkey-White Bean Salad:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon creole mustard
Salt and pepper
1 pound cooked turkey meat, both white and dark meat, diced
One 15-ounce can of white beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup grated carrots
1/2 cup diced celery
2 tablespoons chopped green onions
1 tablespoon chopped parsley

In a small bowl combine the mayonnaise, vinegar, olive oil, and creole mustard. Season highly with salt and pepper. In a large bowl combine the turkey, white beans, carrots, celery, green onions, and parsley. Add the dressing, toss to coat. Refrigerate for 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 8

Tomatillo-Chipotle Spread:
1 pound tomatillos, roughly chopped
1 teaspoon minced garlic
1/2 teaspoons honey
Salt
4 Chipotle en Adobo sauce
1 tablespoon Adobo sauce
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
4 - 6 inch flour tortillas
8 ounces rare roast beef, thinly sliced
Corn chips

Place the tomatillos, garlic, honey, and salt in a blender (or food processor). Blend until mostly pureed. Add the chipotles, adobo sauce, and cilantro, blend for 15 seconds. Spread the flour tortillas with a generous coating of spread. Top with 2 ounces of the beef and roll up the tortilla. Serve with the chips and additional spread for dipping. Yie

No comments: