Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Mint Sugar Snap Peas a little different spin

Here is one simple recipe below from Emeril Lagasse that I found as I have some snap peas lying around and I will use it with a chipotle chicken dish I will grill tonight. I am always looking for new recipes on Food Network/. When I find one I like I then copy and paste into my computer recipe program where I can sort, file, arrange and even find different recipes based on ingredients, authors etc etc

Eric
**
Mint Sugar Snap Peas
Recipe courtesy Emeril Lagasse, 2006
Show: The Essence of Emeril
Episode: Light and Healthy
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 pound fresh sugar snap peas
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves

Heat a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil and heat. Add the snap peas and saute until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes. Add the lime juice and saute, stirring, until the lime juice is almost completely evaporated. Season, to taste, with salt and pepper. Remove from the heat and stir in the mint.



easy and good!
07/10/2007 at 07:20pm
User: laurel from Houston, TX User Rating: [5 stars]
A great, fresh take on an easy side for most any meal. I make it just as written, and wouldn't change a thing. Also a terrific way to use up some of the mint that grows rampant in the garden.



Wonderfully easy and light side dish!
01/18/2008 at 11:29am
User: Amy from Bloomingdale, GA User Rating: [5 stars]
The most important part of this recipe is *not* to over-cook the snap peas. I sauteed them a little less than the three minutes that were recommended, and cooked only about two minutes after adding the lime juice. When preparing the main dish or other sides, be sure to save this one for last. The result is a hint of flavor with a lot of sweet crush. I had never tried snap peas until I found this recipe. Now I can't get enough of them!

No comments: