Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, June 7, 2008

Avocado and Corn Tostaditas recipe

This was easy, fun and had a kick to it. You can vary the spiciness (mild or hot sauces or salsa) and some ingredients . I did not have sour cream so I used some miracle whip and it added a little extra zip. I also used a tortilla and placed everything on top with crunchy tortilla chips over the top and then made a wrap with the tortilla. With guests, you can cut these into diagonal halves. I rate this 9.2/10.


Avocado and Corn Tostaditas
Recipe courtesy Ingrid Hoffman, 2008
Show: Simply Delicioso with Ingrid Hoffmann
Episode: TV Dinner

1 ripe Hass avocado, peeled, pitted, and halved

1/4 cup sour cream
2 teaspoons lime juice
1 tablespoon finely chopped cilantro leaves, plus leaves for garnish
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 cups store-bought fresh salsa
1/2 cup canned black beans rinsed and drained
1/2 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted, rinsed and drained
2 scallions, white and light green parts only, chopped
Dash hot sauce, or more to taste
20 round tortilla chips

Place the avocado in a bowl. Mash with a fork and add the sour cream, lime juice, and chopped cilantro. Season with salt and pepper. Stir well and mix to form a cream. Set aside.

In another mixing bowl, combine the salsa, black beans, corn, scallions, and hot sauce; season with salt and pepper. Mix well.

Take 1 of the tortilla chips and add a small dollop of the avocado cream. Top with the corn mixture. Garnish with a cilantro leaf.

No comments: