Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Winner of National Beef cookoff recipe Chipotle Beef looks good to me

Here is the $50,000 prize winner .

Nuevo Chipotle Beef in Butternut Squash Boats

2 to 2-3/4 hours



Ingredients:
1-1/2
pounds beef for stew
1/3
cup water
1/4
cup tomato paste
2
tablespoons brown sugar
2
tablespoons balsamic vinegar
2
teaspoons ground chipotle chile pepper
1
teaspoon ground cumin
1/2
teaspoon salt
1/2
teaspoon ground black pepper
1
medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds)
1-1/2
cups water
1
medium tomato, chopped
1
small ripe avocado, cut into cubes (optional)
1/4
cup chopped fresh cilantro


Instructions:
1.
Preheat oven to 325°F. Place beef, water, tomato paste, sugar, vinegar, chipotle pepper, cumin, salt and black pepper in stockpot. Cover and bake in 325°F oven 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until beef is fork-tender.
2.
Meanwhile cut squash lengthwise into quarters; remove seeds. Place squash cut side down in 13 x 9-inch glass baking dish, overlapping if necessary. Add water. Bake in 325°F oven 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until fork-tender.
3.
Place each baked squash quarter onto serving plate. Fill with equal amounts of beef mixture. Top with tomato and avocado, if desired. Sprinkle with cilantro.
Makes 4 servings





Nutrition information per serving: 355 calories; 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat; 3 g monounsaturated fat); 73 mg cholesterol; 528 mg sodium; 44 g carbohydrate; 9.7 g fiber; 29 g protein; 7.0 mg niacin; 0.7 mg vitamin B6; 2.2 mcg vitamin B12; 5.3 mg iron; 20.5 mcg selenium; 6.3 mg zinc.

No comments: