Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, May 16, 2008

I was looking for some recipes on Dinner Impossible when I saw Irvine was being canned!

Looking for some recipes on Dinner Impossible, I saw Irvine was being canned! How come I did not know about this sooner? It happened more then a month ago.

Shades of the next Food star who was hoisted (some how because he never should have made it to the finals over Amy) to the finals when it was found he lied about his background. Now the same with Dinner Impossible. I really liked the show , it was creative, fun and different. And there were good recipes to look for and try based on the themes.

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/03/04/chef-irvine-gets-axed/

Food Network: Robert Irvine Out As Host Of 'Dinner: Impossible'
Published on March 01 2008, 05:54:00 by TBO

At a about 12:15 p.m. today, Food Network spokeswoman Lisa DelColle e-mailed me a statement by network president Brooke Johnson saying that Irvine will finish the rest of the production schedule but will be replaced as host at the end of the season:

NEW YORK (AP) - After rising to culinary stardom preparing impossible meals on his Food Network series, Robert Irvine has met an obstacle his kitchen prowess couldn't overcome - an embellished resume.

The star of "Dinner: Impossible" has acknowledged fabricating some of the more fantastic parts of his resume, including having cooked for Britain's Royal Family and various U.S. presidents.

Following the revelations, the network announced it would not renew Irvine's contract, though it would air the remaining episodes of the current season, the series' fourth.

"I was wrong to exaggerate in statements related to my experiences in the White House and the Royal Family," Irvine said in a written statement. "I am truly sorry for misleading people and misstating the facts."

The Food Network said it might revisit its decision at the end of this season, but for now would begin searching for a new host for the series, which challenged Irvine to cook under arduous conditions.

"We rely on the trust that our viewers have in the accuracy of the information we present, and Robert challenged that trust," the network said in a written release.

Irvine, who is from England, first acknowledged the fabrications in a Feb. 17 story in the St. Petersburg Times.

More at
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/03/04/arts/04arts-CHEFCOOKSUPH_BRF.html

No comments: