Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fusion gourmet near Detroit, MI- The Flytrap

I raise carnivorous plants like Venus Flytraps and more and I love to cook and try new recipes. When I heard there was a restaurant named The Fly Trap on Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (Food Channel), my interest was piqued. I lived in Michigan for 6 years so how come I never heard about this place? What I found is this well known restaurant that I never knew about has a fusion style menu with great food. (When I go to Michigan again I will try to find this place).

http://www.theflytrapferndale.com/
22950 Woodward Ave.
Ferndale, MI 48220
248-399-5150
dine@theflytrapferndale.com
It has New American approach with Asian, Italian and African touches that apply a fusion style in Michigan. Classic diner fare, including the lemongrass pho bowl, the
chef's takeoff on Vietnamese noodle dish, a North African spiced chicken breast
with Monterey jack cheese, caramelized onion and aioli served on grilled sourdough
bread, spicy chickpea falafel and caperberry salad over grilled pita and much more.

These were featured and look so good
Red Chili Salmon Burger* – with Shaved Cucumber and Ginger Lime Aioli $8.95 ( I saw as they made this on the show and I have to find a recipe for it!!!). I love salmon burgers!

Charmoula Chicken - North African Spiced Chicken Breast, Jack Cheese, Caramelized Onion on Grilled Sourdough with a Lemon, Garlic Aioli $7.95 (Charmoula is an fruit found in some groceries so I will have to find a recipe and try this one too)

The Chop Chop – Greens, Mushrooms, Ham, Salami, Provolone and Olives Chopped Together with an Herb Shallot Dressing sm. $5.95 lg. $7.95 (They showed this one but I don't eat Ham)

No comments: