Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, March 28, 2008

New Mexico cookbook not all that hot!

I had high hopes for this Southwestern/Mexican recipe book when I bought it. What could go wrong when you get recipes of the best supposedly from all over in this case, New Mexico? Lots. The book looks nice but its what's inside that counts. I have not found one that has "wowed" me yet. I just made a cheese tuna mexican casserole recipe (where I added black beans). It came out hot, bubbly and bland. The recipe did not specify the type of green chiles and while I tried some Smoked Jalapeno sauce on it to make it better and it was , I was still disappointed. My wife, whom I did not think would like it all, liked it though. However a recipe that I never would make again never rates a 9/10 or higher and in this case it was 8.5/10.I might try more. Wish the authors could have broken these recipes to hot, spicy, texmex, etc.

No comments: