Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Friday, March 28, 2008

Bowlfood Cookbook by Lynne Argonson and Elizabeth Simon

I bought this book several years ago as it had looked like it had some interesting bowl meals that I could try and modify if needed. It has quite a few good recipes involving either soup, pasta,noodles. Also has dumpling and little snack recipes as well salad bowls and little spicy bowls, desserts called sweet bowls. So there is a lot to choose from and I have tried several. Great index, catalog of sources to find foods and even a conversion table of ingredients.The spicy peanut sauce, the mango vinaigette,chili marinade for seafood/ fish, jalapeno sauce, shanghai noodles I rated all of them so far from 9.5-9.6 out of 10 so that is pretty good. So there is lots to like about the recipes.Nicely written easy to read. No photos but well laid out and the price is a good one. I think you will like many of the recipes to try according to your tastes as I did. I am still looking for more eventhough I have many in many files, on the internet and computer already.

No comments: