Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Eric's Hawaiian Broiled Chicken

I tried a chicken wing recipe a few years ago (Chicken Wings by Joie Warner). Thumbing through it again I decided since I had chicken breasts and the ingredients. I would try to snaz it up as my notes did not rate it very high (she has many great ones in the book) and see if it came out that my wife would like too.
Here is my Eric's Hawaiian Broiled Chicken that I rated 9.4/10. ( you can grill it too)
Eric's Hawaiian Broiled Chicken
2 chicken breasts
0.5 cup soy sauce
.25 cup plum sauce
2 tblspn hoisin sauce
4 tblspn white vinegar
4 tblspn mild honey
3 garlic cloves minced
1.5 tspn powered ginger
1 tblspn Sesame oil
3 tblspn Ponzo Sauce ( substitute lemon juice)
2 tblspn Frank's Cayenne Pepper sauce (substitute hot sauce )

Mix all ingredients in large glass bowl.
Add chicken breasts and marinate at least 2 hours.
Preheat broiler. Broil chicken for 10 minutes and then turn down and let it heat in the oven until chicken has a temp of 160 degrees inside.
Boil the marinade. Drizzle over chicken in oven to keep moist.
Serve with rice pilaf, rice or potatoes. Drizzle over the chicken the rest of the marinade as desired.

No comments: