Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, September 3, 2007

all you can eat places Am I getting old or what?

I was here in Kansas have or shall I say Fire Mountain. I felt like going out for a leisurally breakfast meal and read too. Well FM now is Ryans at least here . I wanted to see if this steak all your eat and more was worthwhile.
I felt it was a "cut above" Ponderosa, Golden Corral others. It has been taken over by Ryans. I decided to take in the breakfast and see what lunch was about as I sat reading and chilling out for over 1.5 hours.
The breakfast stuff was definitely not what was billed as the breakfast buffet. Eggs overdone but the sunny side up were okay and the French (freedom) toast was okay with syrup.
Maybe Sat or Sunday with the Omelette bar would have been better. I won't know - i ain't going back.

The salad bar was good. The cooked okra hard as a rock. The steak and prime rib (too over done for my liking) were edible. But the best was the key lime pie was a winner (at first I thought it was cheescake).

Lately I have been cooking food channel, my books and other recipes to try new things instead of the same old stuff.

Hungarian sour cherry chilled soup coming up.

No comments: