Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, September 2, 2007

Deceptive supermarket practices

I learned about this technigue a few years ago and have tried not to get hooked into it

3. Shelf Shuffles

Suddenly can't find your favorite jar of peanut butter? Supermarkets regularly move items throughout the store so shoppers walk around longer and buy more stuff, according to Lempert. The tactic also encourages consumers to try new products, which are typically put in the place of top-selling items.

What you can do:
Before trying that new brand, check the price to see if you're spending more than you would for your old favorite. If you are, take the time to track down what you were originally looking for.

read more about this article and how to save some money and find the stuff you want

No comments: