Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recipe Finds : Parsley Wontons with Soy-Vinegar Sauce

In this show I learned from Ming Tsai to crush the parsley. I will try this recipe soon. If you try i before me let me know,

Shrimp and Parsley Wontons with Soy-Vinegar Sauce

Episode 701: Wonton Wrapper/Parsley
Ingredients
All ingredients A-Z



1 pound small Contessa shrimp, prepped and rough chopped

1/2 cup minced parsley

Zest of 1 lemon

1 tablespoon sesame oil

1 egg

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Thin whole wheat wonton wrappers

2 parts Wanjashan naturally brewed rice vinegar

1 part Wanjashan organic tamari

1 small finger ginger, peeled and julienned

2 tablespoons sliced scallions for garnish


Directions

In a large bowl, combine shrimp, parsley, lemon zest, sesame oil and egg. Season and combine well. Test flavor by sautéing small portion. Form wontons: Place 1 wonton skin on a flat work surface with corner nearest you. Place about 1/2 tablespoon filling in center of skin, fold the bottom half over the top half to create a triangle. Bring the left and right sides under the dumpling, pinch together to seal. Repeat with remaining skins and filling. Meanwhile, boil water in a stockpot; Add wontons and boil wontons until filling is cooked through, then remove and place in individual bowls, about 2 dumplings per bowl. Meanwhile, make sauce of naturally brewed rice vinegar, tamari, ginger and scallions. Ladle on top and serve

No comments: