Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Recipe Finds : Crispy Wonton and Salmon Napoleon with Parsley-Roasted Garlic Puree

This recipe looked so good on Ming's show. But I thought I would get it out for others to try. If you try it before I do, let me know.


Crispy Wonton and Salmon Napoleon with Parsley-Roasted Garlic Puree

Episode 701: Wonton Wrapper/Parsley

Serves 4


Ingredients
All ingredients A-Z

6 heads garlic, roasted

1/2 cup picked parsley leaves, plus sprigs for garnish

1 tablespoon Wanjashan organic soy sauce

juice of 1 lime

1/8 cup extra virgin olive oil

1 8-ounce center cut piece of salmon, sliced into 1/2-inch strips (4x2)

8 whole wheat wonton skins, crisped up in a saute pan, (not a fryer) set aside

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste

Canola oil


Directions

With a mortar and pestle, blend the garlic and parsley with a pinch of salt until smooth. Mix in naturally brewed soy sauce, lime juice and whisk in extra virgin olive oil. Alternatively, in a food processor, pulse together garlic and parsley with pinch of salt until smooth, then blend in soy sauce, lime juice and olive oil. Season salmon with salt and pepper. In a saute pan on medium heat coated lightly with oil, sear salmon for 1 minute, keeping the middle rare. Plate by dolloping garlic puree in center of plate to anchor crispy wonton. Top wonton with 2 pieces of salmon, then dollop puree on salmon. Top with parsley leaves and a second crispy wonton. Build another layer repeating process. To finish, top wonton with puree and garnish with parsley leaves.

No comments: