Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Granite City varies it's menu

Granite City Food & Brewery on Urbanspoon
Seems like the menu has broadened into different variations since I first came to Granite City in Olathe . Now there are themed entrees which include a more varies menu (prices ranging from $3.99 to $23.59).There are more varied cuisine in the areas of Oriental, Vegetarian, Cajun, Tex-Mex, sandwiches, kid's menu, , fish, specialty lunches , pasta, pork, beef within 9 appetizers, 8 salads, 5 burgers, flat breads (4), small plate (5), special brews (5 also says with meal compliments), Lunch (9) Sandwiches (11) , soups (8) , Luncheon (14) , Pastas (5), Signature selections (18), Kids Menu (6), desserts (6).
I was there for a presentation luncheon and actually got a little chilly in the small area (bring a sweater or jacket) until the place finally warmed up. I had tried one of their steaks before and it was awesome. This time I tried the chicken Caribbean. The chicken was moist but did not have a lot of tropical flavor. Perhaps the chef thought that by just placing a not so inspiring red onion melange on top (it was pretty disgusting) would make it tropical which is didn't. The steamed broccoli was awesome though (how many times have I ever said that?). We might come here sometime for happy hour sometime and try some of their pizzas and other possibilities with happy hour (have to pay once in a lifetime fee though of $10 unless you pay on Monday - then $5).I might try this but I wish the appetizer section and happy hour possibilities were better prices (many places have 1/2 priced instead of $2 off or something else).

No comments: