Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Another Heavy Hitter-Mexican restaurant in town in around KC

There are quite a few Mexican restaurants in town. Apparently there is still more room. Olathe now is a little more crowded, to battle the other heavy hitters in town. This mini chain now has moved into the place across from Golden Corral taking the place of a Rib and Chicken joint that never did any business ( I felt so sorry for the owner).
Mexican Restaurant & Cantina
(913) 829-5749
13415 Black Bob Road
Olathe, KS 66062
But now this mini chain Frontera , has moved now into that former restaurant and serves a full bar, catering, and has wifi. The place has a nice ambiance with a wide open feel to the place. I sampled the menu from the Overland Park one and my wife and I both liked the entree. Several chimichanga (which I love) options highlight the menu (pork, beef, steak, chicken, veggie) along with burritos, quesadillas, lunch sized meal options and more so I will have to come back here and try more items.
I don't usually like mini chains as the food can vary from each one and if you "hit the wrong one " you may not like it as much or as well. It will be interesting how this place, Mi Ranchito, Chapala, Jose Pepper duke it out now that there are 4 great Mexican places in town along with the other good ones in Olathe (that we have tried). Time will tell.


Anonymous said...

What might the name and location of this new Mexican restaurant be (I don't know where Golden Corral or the defunct Rib and Chicken joint are/were).

Dr. Eric Flescher (dreric1kansas@aol.com) said...

Sorry about that
In Olathe, KS next to Black Bob and Santa Fe Road. Frontera is the name.