Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Restaurant Finds : Portland

One way for me to look for new recipes is exploring magazine articles like in Bon Appeptite magazine (of which I have had recipes published). I've been to Portland several years ago and it is a marvelous place with nice restaurants. The magazine had several restaurants in the article and notes some interested dishes and more. When I go back I will have to hunt these down.

Potato Champion on Urbanspoon


Belgian pomme frites in paper cone with dipping sauces ( rosemary truffle ketchgup and tarragon anchovy mayo

Taqueria Los Gorditos on Urbanspoon

Mexican and veg dishes

Ziba's Pitas on Urbanspoon

pita with beef and more with special condiment ajvar relish (tomatoes, eggplant, garlic, paprika ) and great meatballs (cufte) with garlicky white sauce.

No comments: