Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Iron Chef America Battle : King Crab

Harrison on Urbanspoon

In Iron Chef Battle King Crab, Bobby Flay took on a NYC chef Freitag. I had a hunch that she would give him a run for his money. This was even more evident when the ingredient was King Crab which is so versatile. There King Crab Salad, a Chowder Bisque, a crab egg and ham with poblano cream and a crab stuffed veal chop by Freiteg. Bobby countered with crab and salmon cake and vinaigrette, crab with fried green tomato, crab with poached egg and hazelnut, king crab with red curry and lime and Crab Gumbo with okra.

I knew it was going to be close. I thought the judges like the tastes of Flay just a little more. I picked Flay by +3. He won by +1 so I was on the right side and close with m points.

No comments: