Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Next Food Network Star: I knew they would not have two women in the finals

I correctly pointed out during the next to the last episode before the finale, that there was no way the the FN was going to going to have two women in the finals. And I was right.

The 3 judges completely disregarded the fact that Jeffrey completed botched the risotto recipe went completely for likability which all of them had. Apparently some of the judges comments did not tell the whole story. The Korean entry Debbie fell short but not sure why as here foods, entrees and presentation was better overall then Jeffrey. Once again the judges gave him another pass.

Melissa deserved to be in the finals as she has really shown here prowess. Her touching story of growing up and her mothers suicide brought tears to the chefs who tried her dishes. She consistently shows more while Debbie says the same things over and over again.

Jeffrey has been very uneven as of late but that was not counted. I want to see Melissa win but as we have seen before, the FN judges sometime and for some reason go another way because of likability and potential and not what is shown. And unlike many professions that is not the way it is.

No comments: