Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Recipe Finds : Gravlax: It is cold and it sounds gross how it is made but it is delicious

Gravlax: It is cold and it sounds gross how it is made but it is delicious

I liked Disney World in Orland, FL but I loved Epcot Center. The best thing in Disney was the super roller coaster ride (forgot name) but I loved the country pavilions in Epcot. Spaceship Earth was neat and surround 360 degree movie in the China (I believe ) stands out.

While at Epcot Disney World years ago, I remember we ate in the Mexican pavilion , kidney pie in the English one and more. but this stood out.

Gravlax is dill cured cold salmon. But what I remember the most is eating at a wonderful buffet at what I thought was the Norwegian pavilion. However now that I think of it was the Le Cellerier restaurant in the Canada Showcase pavilion. It is still here but it is a steakhouse and has the buffet
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningdetail.cfm?Restaurant.ID=137

You can search all of the restaurants in the area at
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/dining/diningmain.cfm

Their signature dish is Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup. However it is not in my cookbook. However the restaurant stood out because of the buffet which at that time was reasonably priced. All I remember the buffet looked great and it was. There were many tasty items and one was this entree.

In my collection is The Mickey Mouse cookbook. This book is a lot of fun and has many electic recipes from all over the world via the restaurants that popular the two entertainment parts Disney World and Epcot Center. The incredible recipes are published here to showcas the cooking of kitchens in Epcot and Disney World. One of them is gravlax.
Main ingredients are 4 lbs of salmon
2 tbl coarse salt
2 tbl white peppercorn ground
2 tbl sugar
.5 cup chopped fresh dill
additional dill if wanted

Combine and refrigerate for at least 24 hrs (turning 3 or 4 times).
Prepare into thin slices and use Mustard sauce
(french mustard, white vinegar, white pepper, Dijon mustard, sugar, vegeable oil, fresh dill)

But I also found another one.

http://scandinavianfood.about.com/od/cookingtechniques/ss/gravlaxhowto.htm

No comments: