Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, May 11, 2009

Restaurant Jerk rules here in this Jamaican restaurant in Texas

Jamaica Gates Caribbean Cuisine on UrbanspoonI love Caribbean food, jerk food, the flavors and more .So my ears " perked up" when this place was featured on DDD on the Food Network. Maybe someday I will be able to go to this place, But for now all I can do is write more about what they had on the show, and put some more information and related recipes that I find on my blog.

The specialty here is a national treasure marinates curry goat. A little habaneros, sweetness of curry and with rice was real nice. Rice and beans, fried plantains, a soup with intestines. A unique Red Snapper . The fish is fried and goes in the (garlic, onions, red pepper etc) after being fried (OMG I have to find a recipe for that one). But until I find that recipes here is a jerk recipe that Guy makes for one of his shows and that you can try. Jerkl rules!!


Jerked Chicken Kabobs
Recipe courtesy Guy Fieri
Show: Guy's Big Bite Episode: Jerk Chicken Kabobs

RECIPE


COMMENTS & REVIEWS(43)

Cook Time
10 min
Level
Easy
Yield
4 servings

Recipe Tools:
• Print Recipe
• Get Card
• Save Recipe

Ingredients
• 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
• 1 tablespoon ground allspice
• 1 tablespoon cinnamon stick
• 1 red onion, chopped
• 3 green onions, chopped
• 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
• 1/4 cup soy sauce
• 1/4 cup fresh thyme sprigs
• 1 lime, juiced
• 3 garlic cloves
• 1 Scotch bonnet pepper
• 1 (2-inch) piece fresh ginger, peeled
• Salt
• Pepper
• 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
• Mango Salsa, recipe follows
Directions
In a food processor, combine all ingredients except chicken; puree until smooth. Add all but 1/4 cup of the mixture in a 1 gallon plastic sealable bag. Add the chicken to the bag and let marinate in the refrigerator for 1 to 2 hours.
Heat grill to medium-high. Skewer chicken pieces and grill on 1 side for about 5 minutes. Flip and grill the other side until cooked through and grill marks appear.
Top with the Mango Salsa and serve with 1/4 cup reserved (unused) marinade as a dipping sauce.
Mango Salsa:
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
• 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
• 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
• 1 tablespoon minced ginger
• 1 mango, diced
• 1 English cucumber, diced
• 2 green onions, diced
In a medium bowl, combine sugar, lime juice, hot sauce, and ginger. Mix thoroughly and add the remaining ingredients. Toss and refrigerate for 1 hour.

No comments: