Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Monday, May 11, 2009

I passed on this buffet in Shawnee, Kansas because...

Chen's Super Buffet on UrbanspoonI was in the area and ducked in here to see if I wanted to eat . I looked around. It was very much like the one that I really like but that is near Lawrence Jin Shan Buffet (that is one of my favorites). Apparently this place was a Mongolian buffet or at least offered it but it did not seem up and running. I looked over all the items. There were differences. I chose not to eat here . There are 4 difference soups which has 2 more then the one in Lawrence. That was good. The had the salad items on one table which bulks up the total number but really should be counted in the buffet. There were appetizers but no really good salmon like in Lawrence. There was no duck or special crab dishes and few other ones like in Lawrence. There were many of the other skewered beef, crab rangoon, green beans, steamed red bugs (otherwise known as , chicken and ordinary chinese fare on most chinese buffets . Sushi was offered here but not the variety in Lawrence. I believe they have crab legs at night and weekends for extra. However all in all I was disappointed that did not seem to be any higher level “satori- aha” food. Don’t get me wrong. Most people will like this buffet. But I decided to pass to find places with higher level fare.

No comments: