Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Restaurant Find : the President comes to NYC and Blue Hill

Blue Hill on Urbanspoon A trip to New York City was my destination a week ago (as well as in March). While am still working on putting up the review, account and pics I wanted to post this interesting event On May 31, I saw on TV that President and his wife were in New York City too but not for a graduation like my son’s, but for a Broadway play and date not out. Instead of a burger joint, they hit this trendy romantic spot. This restaurant gets stellar reviews.

http://www.bluehillfarm.com/

The menu has a eclectic country and farm related entrees that reflect utilizing fresh produce from nearby. Interesting farm related vegan foods and much more . These range from $14-18, ICE SPINACH SOUP, PICKLED SHITAKE MUSHROOMS , MORELS, RAMPS AND PINE NUTS, GREENHOUSE GREENS AND HERBS, ROASTED AND CONFIT MUSHROOMS LETTUCE AND MUSTARD VINAIGRETTE, GRILLED ASPARAGUS
CURED IMMATURE EGGS, CURRIED ALMONDS AND STONE BARNS MÂCHÉ
SPRING VEGETABLE SALAD
MARINATED AND RAW VEGETABLES, PISTACHIOS AND STONE BARNS GREENS HOMEMADE RICOTTA CHEESE
SPANISH MACKEREL
STONE BARNS RED OAK LETTUCE, POACHED RHUBARB AND MARINATED FENNEL
STONE BARNS BORDEAUX SPINACH AND RAMP RAVIOLI
CRUSHED POTATOES AND SALAMI
MAINE CRABMEAT
STONE BARNS FOCEA LETTUCE, DANDELION GREENS AND PINE NUTS YOGURT SORBET


and entrees are 28-32

WRECKFISH
VEGETABLE PISTOU, FIDDLEHEAD FERNS AND RAMPS
WINTERED OVER' PARSNIPS AND ASPARAGUS PADDLEFISH ROE
HUDSON VALLEY CHICKEN (STYLE OF SPRING POT AU FEU)
GRASS FED LAMB
BRAISED LAMB BELLY, RAMPS AND STINGING NETTLES
CAULIFLOWER STEAK
GRASS FED LAMB
BRAISED LAMB BELLY, RAMPS AND STINGING NETTLES
CAULIFLOWER STEAK
ASPARAGUS, DRIED FRUIT AND ALMONDS

No comments: