Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Recipe Finds : Salmon with Curried Balsamic Orange Glaze

This recipe really looks good. I can't wait to try it but until I do I wanted to get it to you all. If you try before I do let me know.
Salmon with Curried Balsamic Orange Glaze
from Asian website
INGREDIENTS

2 tablespoons canola oil
1 1/2 lbs salmon (sea bass or tilapia may be used)
2 teaspoons Red Curry Paste
1/4 cup chopped shallots
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1/3 cup orange juice
2 tablespoons brown sugar
DIRECTIONS
1. Season both sides of the fish with salt and fresh cracked pepper.
2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Brown the fish well on both sides, skin side down first, not flipping until first side is well colored. This could take 3 to 6 minutes depending on the thickness of the fish.
3. Remove fish from pan to serving plate. Cover to keep warm.
4. Add Red Curry Paste and shallots to pan drippings. Stir fry until Red Curry Paste is dissolved and fragrant and the shallots are wilted.
5. Add vinegar, orange juice and brown sugar. Mix together, scraping any bits of fish or skin that may have stuck to the pan. Boil until liquid is reduced and slightly thickened, about 2 to 3 minutes.
6. Pour the glaze over the fish and serve!

No comments: