Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Dinner Impossible : Chef Robert Irvin has returned

Chef Robert Irvin has returned!!! While the Food Network has not really said much about this, it seemed that this return was hatched even when before he was banished for a few shows. You could "feel it". Perhaps the Food Network knew about Irvin’s “slight” misrepresentation of his resume and kept it under wraps until a source found out about it. But it seemed like he would be coming back not matter how good Iron Chef Michael Symon did on his version of the show. Don't get me wrong. I really liked the way Chef Symon pulled off the Cleveland kosher MI assignment even though he is a champion of pork. It was priceless seeing him walking around with yarmulke (skull cap)too. Don’t get me wrong, I like Chef Symon but I really liked the Mission Impossible thing with the car, “ good morning Robert ...” and all of that . As another site said, maybe it’s Irvin’s muscles that also brought in more women on the show and you know how Food Network is all about ratings. I mean they gave a show to someone who can't cook or act or do anything. I would never watch the show that Adam (The Next Food Network Star)is on. He never should have made it to the semis.
I don’t know but I am glad he is back. I am back watching it. Here are some recipes from this episode that I would like to try in the future. You all might beat me to the punch and if so let me know what you think.

Spicy Red Curry Chicken and Rice

2009, Robert Irvine, All rights reserved

Show: Dinner: ImpossibleEpisode: X Food at the X Games


**
Fruity Tuna and Halibut

2009, Robert Irvine, All rights reserved

Show: Dinner: ImpossibleEpisode: X Food at the X Games

* RECIPE


* 1/3 cup pineapple juice
* 1 tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 tablespoons soy sauce
* 1 lime, juiced
* 4 (6 to 8-ounces) tuna and halibut
* 1 cup chopped fresh plums
* 1 cup chopped fresh peaches
* 1/2 cup chopped fresh pineapple
* 1/4 cup finely chopped red pepper
* 2 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
* 2 tablespoon minced fresh mint or parsley

*

Directions

Combine pineapple juice, oil, soy sauce, and lime juice. Arrange tuna steaks in shallow glass pan; pour juice mixture over steaks. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Remove tuna from marinade and place on grill 4 to 5 inches above medium hot coals; discard marinade. Grill just until fish begins to flake easily when tested with a fork, allow 10 minutes cooking per inch of thickness, turning once during cooking. Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl; stir gently, cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.

No comments: