Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Restaurants are cutting back because of economy- which ones and how?

First one up was that at Ruby Tuesday, one person did not like that they are cutting corners at this restaurant (at least at this particular one) by not bringing out the whole steak sauce bottle but just some.
Last week we again went to RT in Olathe, KS as their 2:1 coupon for specials and steaks can’t be beat and the salad bar is awesome (It is now in my top 3 salad bars in Kansas City). My wife does not take sauce but I usually get A-1 or some other sauce to go with the steak. However this time I did not as the steak came with a cheese- mushroom sauce (I decided to try something different).
Some restaurants (PF Chang’s in this article) are cutting corners by not putting out steak knives cutlery but we were brought ours for our steak dinners.
At one Outback, they are not serving a dinner salad and it is extra. At RT, there are veggies with certain entrees but many entrees include the salad bar. I decided not to get some other entrees because the salad bar is extra for some entrees so I stuck with the steak which came with the entree plus had mashed potatoes and some veggies and tiny onion ring bits which were nice and crunchy (seems like little bits of Bloomin Onion from Outback Steakhouse which I have always wanted to get but the cholesterol and the calories are so high these are not recommended. But little bits would not hurt!).
There are 58 slides to go through this slide show (haven’t you noticed how AOL and others are doing things like slide shows and videosto increase revenues to make you stick around longer , looking at the ads on your desktop so that they can charge more for their services to the companies?) .
I don’t have time to go through all of them now but you can. If you noticed any of these “cutbacks” or others let me know.
http://www.walletpop.com/specials/i-spy-restaurant-tricks

No comments: