Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Tuesday, March 31, 2009

KCTG original recipe : Cajun Sweet Potato Stew


I found this contest at http://sweetbytesblog.blogspot.com/ and entered my sweet potato recipe.
We will see what happens. Enjoy!

Cajun Sweet Potato Stew
by Eric Flescher
Cook time: 30 minutes
Number of servings: 4
2 Medium sweet potatoes
1 tbl of olive oil
1 lb ground turkey
2 cups of water or broth
3 tbl of Cajun spices (buy from grocer or use below)
cooked rice (option)

Cajun spices (use this or similar if can’t get spice mixture made already in grocer)
1 tbl pepper
1 tbl paprika
2 tbl lemon juice
1 tbl dried basil
1 tbl dried oregano
2 tspn garlic salt
2 tspn rosemary powdered
1 tspn cayenne pepper
1 tspn nutmeg

(1) Take two sweet potatoes. Using a sharp knife, stab each about 8 times . (This is important so that the heat will expand inside the potato instead of exploding). Then heat potatoes in microwave for about 8 minutes or until potatoes are soft inside. Split open each potato and dig out the sweet potato pulp and place in bowl.

(2) Heat ground turkey on medium, stirring ocassionally until browned all the way through.

(3) Add the water or broth.

(4) Add other ingredients (or Cajun spices).

(5) Stir occasionally, about 5 minutes until thickens.

(6) Optional : Serve over cooked rice.

No comments: