Welcome! to KCTG

I love to EAT, TRAVEL,COOK, always searching for foods, restaurants, recipes, a LEVEL ABOVE ordinary fare - SATORI (Japanese word for AHA!) foods . Find my recipes and those I find, restaurants reviews from all over, posted travels, highlights from interesting TV shows (Travel Channel, Food Channel etc).
SEND YOUR COMMENTS to me (Google, Open ID etc-see left side). Link to me as a friend and contact me about ideas, comments etc. Like my reviews? Please VOTE for me on Urbanspoon
and give me a KUDOs if you like my work. Thanks

Thursday, January 8, 2009

Phai Thai and Peanut Chicken in Illinois- this kitchen has good Thai

Siam Kitchen Restaurant on UrbanspoonMy wife was here with her girlfriend and really liked the place. The menu has very reasonable prices and is quite extensive with appetizers, thai salads, soups, entrees (poulty, pork, beef, curry, seafood, vegetables, noodles, rice dishes ) and desserts. There are also dinner and lunch specials. There is no designation how to make the dishes spicy or if certain dishes are spicier. Perhaps the dishes already have a lot of flavor the way they are. If it was not good she would let me know, as we have eaten at many Thai places. My wife liked the peanut sauce chicken and her friend liked the Phad Thai rice noodles tofu, bean sprouts etc. (There are many ways to make Phad Thai so if you like a combination of vegetable, noodles and chicken. beef or pork you need to try this here or somewhere). I like when the entree's names have the Thai names with them (as in the noodle and thai salads dishes had). That way they not only sound authentic but I can track these recipes down on the internet so that I can try them out myself when we come back to this restaurant some day. So until the day, I can come back to Illinois, try it out for yourself. I think you will be pleased as my wife and her friend were.

No comments: